4congress
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newcomers Thread

+13
/cj/ Rep
Based /b/tard
BossSnikrot /tg/ mod
/out/ Representative
/int/ rep
Black /sci/ence rep
/Pol/ rep
/v/ representative
/mlp/ Rep
/r9k/ Representative
Spooky /x/ Rep
/m/ Representative
/o/ Rep
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Newcomers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Newcomers Thread

Post by /out/ Representative Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:36 am

/int/ rep wrote:
We could use a philosophy board. Philosophy is only tangentially related and /sci/ is where it usually crops up, so what you usually get is  " muh problem of induction."

I actually study philosophy, so this may be useful. I'd second it.

Cool welcome, and small side note how do you feel about Immanuel Kant?
/out/ Representative
/out/ Representative

http://boards.4chan.org/out/catalog

Back to top Go down

Post by /int/ rep Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:42 am

/out/ Representative wrote:
/int/ rep wrote:
We could use a philosophy board. Philosophy is only tangentially related and /sci/ is where it usually crops up, so what you usually get is  " muh problem of induction."

I actually study philosophy, so this may be useful. I'd second it.

Cool welcome, and small side note how do you feel about Immanuel Kant?

He was incredibly tedious and I disagree with some of his moral philosophy/the categorical imperative. His stuff about analytic/synthetic a priori/a posteriori is interesting though.
/int/ rep
/int/ rep

Back to top Go down

Post by /o/ Rep Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:50 am

I always wanted to get into philosophy so I wouldn't mind seeing a philosophy board.
/o/ Rep
/o/ Rep

http://boards.4chan.org/o/

Back to top Go down

Newcomers Thread - Page 2 Empty RE: NEWCOMER THREAD

Post by BossSnikrot /tg/ mod Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:31 am

Hey im the mod for /tg/ and i would like to BURN THE HERETICS!!! Haha just kidding, but seriously they should burn....... What a Face 

BossSnikrot /tg/ mod

Back to top Go down

Post by /Pol/ rep Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:05 am

/r9k/ Representative wrote:Suggestion? I'd like to see ids tested on boards like /pol/,/x/, and /r9k/ so there wouldnt be so much shilling and samefagging

The JIDF is already quite obvious in /pol/ ID's wouldn't do much against their massive network of shills.
/Pol/ rep
/Pol/ rep

Back to top Go down

Post by Based /b/tard Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:05 am

/Game/, /drug/(suggested these 2 myself on the 10th, got good response)
But for /game/ I forget which rep, maybe /o/? Suggested roll threads should be kept out of it.
/fur/ obviously, but that`s been covered.
/lgbt/ needs to be NSFW. Posted this in one of the other the threads as a reminder because it wasn`t mentioned.
/Soc/ wants back their hookup / meet threads.
Uhhhh, shit. Can`t think of anything else at the moment. Need some help getting a suitable icon? I`m lazy, and haven`t pirated photo shop on this machine yet.
Based /b/tard
Based /b/tard

Back to top Go down

Post by /cj/ Rep Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:20 am

/cj/ rep here. /cj/ isn't a board, of course, but the tripfags on /b/ are so isolated as to be practically a separate board. If you're all right with it, I'd like to represent them here.

I do like the idea of IDs on other boards. They've been a godsend for /b/. I can't think of any needed new boards aside from those already discussed (/fur/, nsfwing of /lgbt/), but a board to talk about internet culture/history, or even history in general, personally sounds great. Ropening the textboards and ditching Shiichan for Kareha would also be good.
/cj/ Rep
/cj/ Rep

http://notreally.pcriot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by /sp/ found a way Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:20 am

Love/r9k/'s suggestion. IDs should be on all boards. I say when were all together again that should be the next official thing we vote on.
/sp/ found a way
/sp/ found a way

http://boards.4chan.org/sp/

Back to top Go down

Post by /soc/ rep Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:10 pm

/sp/ found a way wrote:Love/r9k/'s suggestion. IDs should be on all boards. I say when were all together again that should be the next official thing we vote on.

I agree, can't see how having IDs on all boards could be a bad thing, unless I'm not seeing some sort of bigger picture here
/soc/ rep
/soc/ rep

http://boards.4chan.org/soc/

Back to top Go down

Post by /out/ Representative Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:53 pm

/soc/ rep wrote:
/sp/ found a way wrote:Love/r9k/'s suggestion. IDs should be on all boards. I say when were all together again that should be the next official thing we vote on.

I agree, can't see how having IDs on all boards could be a bad thing, unless I'm not seeing some sort of bigger picture here

Some Trolls who samefag would complain I am sure. It would eliminate the need for names (namefags aside) in discussion on /tv/ and stories on /lit/.
/out/ Representative
/out/ Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by /soc/ rep Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:54 pm

/soc/ rep wrote:

Some Trolls who samefag would complain I am sure. It would eliminate the need for names (namefags aside) in discussion on /tv/ and stories on /lit/.

If it's only going to offend samefags, then I say do it. Seriously, fuck those guys.
/soc/ rep
/soc/ rep

Back to top Go down

Post by /o/ Rep Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:08 pm

/soc/ rep wrote:
/soc/ rep wrote:

If it's only going to offend samefags, then I say do it. Seriously, fuck those guys.
I'm with ya on that. Samefags are annoying as fuck! IDs it is?
/o/ Rep
/o/ Rep

http://boards.4chan.org/o/

Back to top Go down

Post by /mlp/ Rep Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:14 pm

/o/ Rep wrote:
/soc/ rep wrote:
/soc/ rep wrote:

I think we should have them on all boards, aswell.
Even on /mlp/ is when samefagging gets irritating.

/mlp/ Rep

Back to top Go down

Post by /soc/ rep Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:14 pm

/o/ Rep wrote:
/soc/ rep wrote:
/soc/ rep wrote:

We'll add it to the list of things we should vote on, just to make it official.
/soc/ rep
/soc/ rep

Back to top Go down

Post by /c/ rep Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:15 pm

I've never understood why ID's on all boards wasn't a thing.

It's not as if you can be identified cross thread simply by ID's (unlike tripping and namefagging), and it would cut misinformation and impersonation on so many cases.

If it's down to a vote, I'm game with the idea.
/c/ rep
/c/ rep

Back to top Go down

Post by /out/ Representative Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:43 pm

/c/ rep wrote:I've never understood why ID's on all boards wasn't a thing.

It's not as if you can be identified cross thread simply by ID's (unlike tripping and namefagging), and it would cut misinformation and impersonation on so many cases.

Based on what I know I am for this as well.
Should I create a thread on it under topics or leave the discussion here?
/out/ Representative
/out/ Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by /soc/ rep Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:44 pm

/c/ rep wrote:I've never understood why ID's on all boards wasn't a thing.

Based on what I know I am for this as well.
Should I create a thread on it under topics or leave the discussion here?

Don't think it really needs a thread, we'll just vote for it whenever we get the chance, but it seems pretty unanimous so far.
/soc/ rep
/soc/ rep

Back to top Go down

Post by /out/ Representative Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:46 pm

Cool.
/out/ Representative
/out/ Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by /wsg/ Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:47 am

IDs on all boards sounds good. Not only would it cut impersonation and samefagging, it would also get people to make better posts and stimulate posting of more content so that they don't samefag to keep their threads alive.
/wsg/
/wsg/

Back to top Go down

Post by Based /b/tard Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:42 am

I agree with /c/ overall. Never understood why it was ever a removed feature, other than to cause chaos. Plus it`s fun to spot out idiots who still manage to fail to recognize IDs(This just happened to me 20 minutes ago). They`ve even taken steps so switching from mobile to PC your ID doesn`t change(For /SP/`s samefagging complaint). I still do the "claiming ID on PC" thing, but I did notice once that my ID hadn`t changed. Never looked a second time, though.

I had something else to add, but I forgot.
Based /b/tard
Based /b/tard

Back to top Go down

Post by /mlp/ Rep Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:34 pm

Based /b/tard wrote:I agree with /c/ overall. Never understood why it was ever a removed feature, other than to cause chaos. Plus it`s fun to spot out idiots who still manage to fail to recognize IDs(This just happened to me 20 minutes ago). They`ve even taken steps so switching from mobile to PC your ID doesn`t change(For /SP/`s samefagging complaint). I still do the "claiming ID on PC" thing, but I did notice once that my ID hadn`t changed. Never looked a second time, though.

ID's also don't change if you use different computers.
Both me and my /b/rother are /b/tards, and when he started a thread and I posted, I had the same ID as him. It all matters what network you're connected to.

/mlp/ Rep

Back to top Go down

Post by Based /b/tard Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:38 am

/mlp/ Rep wrote:
Based /b/tard wrote:I agree with /c/ overall. Never understood why it was ever a removed feature, other than to cause chaos. Plus it`s fun to spot out idiots who still manage to fail to recognize IDs(This just happened to me 20 minutes ago). They`ve even taken steps so switching from mobile to PC your ID doesn`t change(For /SP/`s samefagging complaint). I still do the "claiming ID on PC" thing, but I did notice once that my ID hadn`t changed. Never looked a second time, though.

ID's also don't change if you use different computers.
Both me and my /b/rother are /b/tards, and when he started a thread and I posted, I had the same ID as him. It all matters what network you're connected to.

Can confirm, from switching from mobile to PC.
Based /b/tard
Based /b/tard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum